Washington, July 3 (RHC)-- A U.S. church choir over the weekend sang the song “Make America Great Again” at a rally attended by U.S. President Donald Trump. Inspired by his popular 2016 campaign motto still in use today, the song was performed by a Southern Baptist church at the “Celebrate Freedom Rally” at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC.
The Dallasite First Baptist Church Choir sang: “Lift the torch of freedom all across the land / Step into the future joining hand in hand.” The lyrics, however, ran counter to some of Trump’s policies, including calls for a “complete shutdown” of Muslims entering the U.S. as well as building a wall on the Mexican border to prevent refugees from entering the country.
Trump praised the lyrical performance during his speech, saying that “your music honors our heroes more than words will ever do.”
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 3721
- online: 118
- total: 4377843