Washington, July 3 (RHC)-- A U.S. church choir over the weekend sang the song “Make America Great Again” at a rally attended by U.S. President Donald Trump. Inspired by his popular 2016 campaign motto still in use today, the song was performed by a Southern Baptist church at the “Celebrate Freedom Rally” at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC.
The Dallasite First Baptist Church Choir sang: “Lift the torch of freedom all across the land / Step into the future joining hand in hand.” The lyrics, however, ran counter to some of Trump’s policies, including calls for a “complete shutdown” of Muslims entering the U.S. as well as building a wall on the Mexican border to prevent refugees from entering the country.
Trump praised the lyrical performance during his speech, saying that “your music honors our heroes more than words will ever do.”
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 3037
- online: 143
- total: 4837690