Sanaa, July 4 (RHC)-- More than a dozen civilians have been killed when Saudi military aircraft carried out separate airstrikes against various areas across Yemen as the Saudi regime presses ahead with an fierce military campaign against its crisis-hit southern neighbor.
Local sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said fifteen people lost their lives on Monday when Saudi fighter jets bombarded a residential building in the Yakhtal area of the Red Sea port city of Mokha, located 346 kilometers south of the capital, Sanaa. The Arabic-language al-Masirah satellite television network reported that the fatalities included seven children and eight women.
Earlier in the day, Saudi warplanes had carried out seven aerial assaults against a mechanized infantry camp in the Harf Sufyan district of Yemen's northwestern province of ‘Amran. There were no immediate reports of casualties or the extent of damage.
Meanwhile, Yemeni army soldiers, backed by fighters from allied Popular Committees, struck Moannaq military camp in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern border region of Jizan, located 969 kilometers south of the capital Riyadh, in response to Al Saud regime’s deadly airstrikes against their conflict-stricken country.
A Yemeni military official, requesting anonymity, said several Saudi soldiers were killed and wounded as artillery rounds rained down on the camp.
The Saudi military aggression against Yemen has claimed the lives of more than 12,000 people, mostly civilians.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 2547
- online: 159
- total: 3855371