Damascus, July 14 (RHC)-- Nearly a dozen civilians have lost their lives when the U.S.-led coalition purportedly fighting the Takfiri Daesh terrorist group carried out a string of aerial attacks in Syria's militant-held northern city of Raqqah.
Informed sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the airstrikes targeted al-Diriyah neighborhood of the city, located about 455 kilometers (283 miles) northeast of the capital Damascus, early on Thursday, Arabic-language Baladi news network reported. The sources added that seven of the victims were members of one family.
The U.S.-led coalition has been conducting airstrikes against what are said to be Daesh targets inside Syria since September 2014 without any authorization from the Damascus government or a United Nations mandate.
The U.S.-led coalition has repeatedly been accused of targeting and killing civilians. It has also been largely incapable of fulfilling its declared aim of destroying Daesh.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 3380
- online: 147
- total: 6654445