Damascus, July 14 (RHC)-- Nearly a dozen civilians have lost their lives when the U.S.-led coalition purportedly fighting the Takfiri Daesh terrorist group carried out a string of aerial attacks in Syria's militant-held northern city of Raqqah.
Informed sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the airstrikes targeted al-Diriyah neighborhood of the city, located about 455 kilometers (283 miles) northeast of the capital Damascus, early on Thursday, Arabic-language Baladi news network reported. The sources added that seven of the victims were members of one family.
The U.S.-led coalition has been conducting airstrikes against what are said to be Daesh targets inside Syria since September 2014 without any authorization from the Damascus government or a United Nations mandate.
The U.S.-led coalition has repeatedly been accused of targeting and killing civilians. It has also been largely incapable of fulfilling its declared aim of destroying Daesh.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11159
- today: 2597
- online: 167
- total: 7044127