Sancti Spiritus, July 21 (RHC)-- A group of foreign students who graduated from the University of Medical Sciences of the central province of Sancti Spíritus said that Cuba has prepared them well and turned them into good professionals.
At the graduation, Honduran medical student Nelson Figueroa Soriano said that he and his fellow graduates will be doctors of science, and of conscience, as Commander-in-Chief Fidel Castro always wanted. Soriano also thanked Fidel and the Cuban people for their training, provided to them free of charge.
The new Honduran doctor is part of a group of nearly 500 professionals, mid-level technicians or skilled workers, who have completed their undergraduate studies at the University of Medical Sciences in Sancti Spíritus.
With Thursday's graduation, there are now more than 25,000 graduates, who have studied in medical sciences in Sancti Spíritus since the health faculty opened there in 1981. That figure includes nearly 1,000 foreigners from some 37 nations.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 2990
- online: 131
- total: 4833724