Washington, July 24 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the Immigrations and Custom Enforcement agency, or ICE, is planning to launch a series of nationwide raids this week targeting undocumented teenagers for deportation.
According to an internal ICE memo, the raids will target 16- and 17-year-olds who are accused of having ties to gangs. The criteria ICE is using to assess possible gang affiliation includes whether teenagers have tattoos, wear clothing typical to a gang or even spend time in an area that’s known to have gangs.
The National Immigration Law Center in Los Angeles has criticized law enforcement’s methods, saying: "We have seen babies labeled as potential gang members."
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 1760
- online: 134
- total: 4937666