Washington, July 24 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the Immigrations and Custom Enforcement agency, or ICE, is planning to launch a series of nationwide raids this week targeting undocumented teenagers for deportation.
According to an internal ICE memo, the raids will target 16- and 17-year-olds who are accused of having ties to gangs. The criteria ICE is using to assess possible gang affiliation includes whether teenagers have tattoos, wear clothing typical to a gang or even spend time in an area that’s known to have gangs.
The National Immigration Law Center in Los Angeles has criticized law enforcement’s methods, saying: "We have seen babies labeled as potential gang members."
- RHC's national and international news stories August 19
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 19
- RHC's national and international news stories August 17
- RHC's national and international news stories August-16
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 15
- RHC's national and international news stories August 15
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3443
- today: 1665
- online: 154
- total: 6266238