San Diego, July 31 (RHC)-- In the United States, newly released video shows U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents telling 16-year-old Mexican teenager Cruz Valazquez Acevedo to drink from a bottle of liquid methamphetamine at a border checkpoint in San Diego, causing him to die from an acute drug overdose.
In 2013, the teenager was crossing from Tijuana to California with two bottles of what he claimed was apple juice. The newly released video shows the border agents, who suspected the liquid was liquid meth, then repeatedly encouraged him to drink from it, to prove he wasn’t lying.
Minutes after the teenager sipped on the liquid, his body began convulsing, and he began screaming "Mi corazón," "My heart!" He died two hours later.
The Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agency has not disciplined the officers. The U.S. has paid Acevedo’s family $1 million in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 4295
- online: 113
- total: 4370308