New York, February 7 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of New York, lawmakers are seeking passage of a bill that would block financing for academic groups that boycott academic institutions in Israel.
The measure was introduced after the American Studies Association’s recent vote to boycott Israeli universities over Israel’s treatment of Palestinians.
The bill passed the New York State Senate last week, but appears to have stalled for now in the State Assembly. In an editorial, the New York Times criticized the bill, saying it would “trample on academic freedoms” and “chill free speech and dissent.”
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 4124
- online: 169
- total: 3852737