New York, February 7 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of New York, lawmakers are seeking passage of a bill that would block financing for academic groups that boycott academic institutions in Israel.
The measure was introduced after the American Studies Association’s recent vote to boycott Israeli universities over Israel’s treatment of Palestinians.
The bill passed the New York State Senate last week, but appears to have stalled for now in the State Assembly. In an editorial, the New York Times criticized the bill, saying it would “trample on academic freedoms” and “chill free speech and dissent.”
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 1798
- online: 152
- total: 4088998