New Delhi, August 22 (RHC)-- In India, unionized bank workers have launched a nationwide strike today to protest government policies that promote privatization of the banking sector.
As many as 50,000 workers walked off the job today in the southern state of Tamil Nadu alone.
The striking workers say the privatization and consolidation of the banks would make it even harder to get loans for agriculture, rural development and education.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 1608
- online: 162
- total: 3854432