New Delhi, August 22 (RHC)-- In India, unionized bank workers have launched a nationwide strike today to protest government policies that promote privatization of the banking sector.
As many as 50,000 workers walked off the job today in the southern state of Tamil Nadu alone.
The striking workers say the privatization and consolidation of the banks would make it even harder to get loans for agriculture, rural development and education.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4363
- today: 3569
- online: 201
- total: 4095132