New Delhi, August 22 (RHC)-- In India, unionized bank workers have launched a nationwide strike today to protest government policies that promote privatization of the banking sector.
As many as 50,000 workers walked off the job today in the southern state of Tamil Nadu alone.
The striking workers say the privatization and consolidation of the banks would make it even harder to get loans for agriculture, rural development and education.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 2096
- online: 129
- total: 4926399