New Delhi, August 22 (RHC)-- In India, unionized bank workers have launched a nationwide strike today to protest government policies that promote privatization of the banking sector.
As many as 50,000 workers walked off the job today in the southern state of Tamil Nadu alone.
The striking workers say the privatization and consolidation of the banks would make it even harder to get loans for agriculture, rural development and education.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 3711
- online: 126
- total: 4473458