Washington, August 24 (RHC)-- More information is emerging about the deliberations that led to President Trump’s new commitment to the ongoing war in Afghanistan, the longest war in U.S. history.
In a televised address Monday night, President Trump announced the U.S. is doubling down on the war, a reversal from his earlier position that "we should leave Afghanistan immediately." The Washington Post reports that one of the arguments that swayed Trump’s position was a 1972 photo, shown to the president by national security adviser H.R. McMaster, of Afghan women wearing miniskirts walking through Kabul. McMaster reportedly used the photo to convince Trump that "western values" — or at least outfits — could exist in Afghanistan.
In response, Afghan journalist Ali Latifi, who is based in Kabul, said the use of the photo was sexist, saying: "But then again, it’s the reality host who said 'grab ’em by the pussy.'"
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 1412
- online: 159
- total: 4088612