Manila, August 25 (RHC)-- In the Philippines, major protests against President Rodrigo Duterte’s so-called war on drugs are spreading across the capital Manila, as thousands rally to demand justice for 17-year-old Kian Loyd Delos Santos. The high school student was killed last week by police during anti-drug raids.
While the police claim they shot the teenager after he pulled out a gun, footage shows two police officers dragging the unarmed student through the streets. Witnesses say the student’s final words before he was shot in the head were "Please stop. Please stop. I have a test tomorrow."
Duterte’s drug war has killed at least 12,500 since he took office last year.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 1541
- online: 140
- total: 4929244