Washington, September 4 (RHC)-- In the U.S., Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee are demanding a hearing into why President Donald Trump pardoned the notorious racist Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who was convicted of contempt of court for defying a court order to stop his deputies from racial profiling.
All 17 Democratic members of the committee signed a letter to Republican Chair Bob Goodlatte, calling the pardon a "gross injustice" and saying it's "highly problematic for the President to simply dismiss a pending criminal matter." The letter came as a federal judge refused to throw out Arpaio's conviction for contempt of court -- even though Trump's pardon will keep him out of prison -- ordering Arpaio to appear in court on October 4th.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio's attorneys had asked U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton to vacate her finding that Arpaio is guilty of a crime.
celebrate the Eid holiday."
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 3867
- online: 129
- total: 4473614