Sanaa, September 6 (RHC)-- In Yemen, data from the World Health Organization says more than 600,000 people have now been affected by a devastating cholera epidemic.
The ongoing U.S.-backed, Saudi-led bombing campaign has destroyed Yemen’s health, water and sanitation systems. The United Nations says less than half of Yemen’s health facilities are operational.
The founder of the Red Crescent in Yemen, Abdullah Alkhamesi, died last week because of a shortage of materials required for heart surgery. He was barred from traveling abroad for treatment because of Saudi-imposed travel restrictions that have forced the main airport in Sanaa to close.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4002
- today: 3215
- online: 142
- total: 6387236