San Juan, September 22 (RHC)-- In the Caribbean, the death toll from Hurricane Maria rose to 32 as the hurricane’s eye barreled toward the islands of Turks and Caicos as a Category 3 storm.
In Puerto Rico, where local newspapers reported 15 people died, Governor Ricardo Rosselló has imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew through Saturday. Island-wide electric and telecommunications blackouts have made it difficult for recovery workers to survey the damage, but parts of Puerto Rico were left underwater in what many compared to last month’s flooding in Texas from Hurricane Harvey.
U.S. President Donald Trump told reporters Puerto Rico had been "totally obliterated," and said he is planning a visit to the island.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2763
- today: 997
- online: 117
- total: 5857107