Russia: ISIS is attacking Syrian troops from US-controlled territory
Moscow, October 6 (RHC)-- ISIS terrorists are using a US-controlled ‘black hole’ area around the US Al-Tanf base near the Syrian-Jordanian border to carry out attacks against Syrian troops and civilians, the Russian Minister of Defense said today in a statement.
The US Al-Tanf base, set up by the US in April 2017 near the border town of Al-Tanf, is becoming a problem for Syrian troops combatting Islamic State terrorists in Deir ez-Zor province, the statement said.
The text added that the unlawful establishment by the US of this military base was publicly justified by ‘the need to conduct operations against ISIS”.
However, “there are no reports of a single American operation against Islamic State during the six months of its existence,” added the Russian Minister of Defense.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 201
- online: 164
- total: 4107929