Russia: ISIS is attacking Syrian troops from US-controlled territory
Moscow, October 6 (RHC)-- ISIS terrorists are using a US-controlled ‘black hole’ area around the US Al-Tanf base near the Syrian-Jordanian border to carry out attacks against Syrian troops and civilians, the Russian Minister of Defense said today in a statement.
The US Al-Tanf base, set up by the US in April 2017 near the border town of Al-Tanf, is becoming a problem for Syrian troops combatting Islamic State terrorists in Deir ez-Zor province, the statement said.
The text added that the unlawful establishment by the US of this military base was publicly justified by ‘the need to conduct operations against ISIS”.
However, “there are no reports of a single American operation against Islamic State during the six months of its existence,” added the Russian Minister of Defense.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 1415
- online: 105
- total: 4471162