New York, October 9 (RHC)-- U.S. Vietnam War veterans and their allies have been arrested at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in New York City during an event organized by Veterans for Peace marking the 12th anniversary of the occupation of Afghanistan.
The veterans read the names of civilians and soldiers killed in Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam, as well as in the Obama administration’s ongoing drone wars in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. The protesters were arrested after refusing to leave.
Shortly before the arrests, one of the organizers of the protests, veteran Mike Hastie, addressed the crowd. He said: "This is a Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Twenty-two veterans commit suicide every single day in the United States. And it's important that you know that the U.S. committed immense atrocities during the Vietnam War and We did it every day."
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3324
- today: 2471
- online: 82
- total: 4826302