New York, October 9 (RHC)-- U.S. Vietnam War veterans and their allies have been arrested at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in New York City during an event organized by Veterans for Peace marking the 12th anniversary of the occupation of Afghanistan.
The veterans read the names of civilians and soldiers killed in Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam, as well as in the Obama administration’s ongoing drone wars in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. The protesters were arrested after refusing to leave.
Shortly before the arrests, one of the organizers of the protests, veteran Mike Hastie, addressed the crowd. He said: "This is a Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Twenty-two veterans commit suicide every single day in the United States. And it's important that you know that the U.S. committed immense atrocities during the Vietnam War and We did it every day."
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 1332
- online: 177
- total: 4084055