New York, October 9 (RHC)-- U.S. Vietnam War veterans and their allies have been arrested at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in New York City during an event organized by Veterans for Peace marking the 12th anniversary of the occupation of Afghanistan.
The veterans read the names of civilians and soldiers killed in Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam, as well as in the Obama administration’s ongoing drone wars in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. The protesters were arrested after refusing to leave.
Shortly before the arrests, one of the organizers of the protests, veteran Mike Hastie, addressed the crowd. He said: "This is a Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Twenty-two veterans commit suicide every single day in the United States. And it's important that you know that the U.S. committed immense atrocities during the Vietnam War and We did it every day."
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 2190
- online: 202
- total: 3855014