Hollywood, October 16 (RHC)-- In Hollywood, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voted over the weekend to expel Harvey Weinstein, following investigations by The New Yorker and The New York Times which revealed a slew of rape and sexual assault allegations against the movie mogul.
In a statement, the academy said: “The era of willful ignorance and shameful complicity in sexually predatory behavior and workplace harassment in our industry is over.” The statement came as four more women stepped forward to accuse Weinstein of rape. They are British soap star Lysette Anthony, Italian fashion model Samantha Panagrosso, British actor Alice Evans and a Miramax employee using the pseudonym of Sarah Smith.
Meanwhile, musician Courtney Love said over the weekend she was punished after she publicly warned women about Harvey Weinstein in 2005.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2820
- today: 865
- online: 124
- total: 5437587