Washington, October 9 (RHC)-- More than 200 people were arrested in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday in a massive rally for immigration reform in the United States.
Eight House Democrats, including Rep. John Lewis, Rep. Charles Rangel were among those detained, joining with immigration activists for a sit-in on a street in front of the Capitol.
The lawmakers were arrested after addressing a crowd of thousands of people. Immigration reform has stalled in the House of Representatives after the Senate approved a landmark measure in June.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 1548
- online: 113
- total: 4487400