Washington, October 9 (RHC)-- More than 200 people were arrested in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday in a massive rally for immigration reform in the United States.
Eight House Democrats, including Rep. John Lewis, Rep. Charles Rangel were among those detained, joining with immigration activists for a sit-in on a street in front of the Capitol.
The lawmakers were arrested after addressing a crowd of thousands of people. Immigration reform has stalled in the House of Representatives after the Senate approved a landmark measure in June.
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Cuba Celebrates National Science Day
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4318
- today: 3774
- online: 211
- total: 4215056