Washington, October 9 (RHC)-- More than 200 people were arrested in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday in a massive rally for immigration reform in the United States.
Eight House Democrats, including Rep. John Lewis, Rep. Charles Rangel were among those detained, joining with immigration activists for a sit-in on a street in front of the Capitol.
The lawmakers were arrested after addressing a crowd of thousands of people. Immigration reform has stalled in the House of Representatives after the Senate approved a landmark measure in June.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 138
- online: 107
- total: 4927841