Washington, October 9 (RHC)-- More than 200 people were arrested in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday in a massive rally for immigration reform in the United States.
Eight House Democrats, including Rep. John Lewis, Rep. Charles Rangel were among those detained, joining with immigration activists for a sit-in on a street in front of the Capitol.
The lawmakers were arrested after addressing a crowd of thousands of people. Immigration reform has stalled in the House of Representatives after the Senate approved a landmark measure in June.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 2647
- online: 197
- total: 3859508