New York, November 2 (RHC)-- In the U.S., the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, the NAACP, has issued an advisory warning Black passengers about a pattern of racist incidents on American Airlines flights.
The NAACP cites multiple instances in which African-American women were removed from flights or switched from first class to coach. It also cites an instance in which an African-American man was forced off a flight for responding to the racist comments of fellow white passengers.
The NAACP says these events “suggest a corporate culture of racial insensitivity and possible racial bias on the part of American Airlines.” American Airlines says it does not tolerate discrimination.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3543
- today: 2418
- online: 135
- total: 6393719