Washington, November 22 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump has rushed to the defense of Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, pointing to Moore’s denials of multiple accusations of sexual assault and harassment against teenagers.
Trump also said voters should reject his Democratic opponent, Doug Jones, in upcoming elections in Alabama in December.
At least nine women have stepped forward to say they were sexually harassed or assaulted by Roy Moore as children or young adults, and the New Yorker reports Moore was banned from a local mall and a YMCA in Alabama because he repeatedly badgered teenage girls.
Trump himself has been accused of sexual harassment and assault by at least 16 women. A leaked “Access Hollywood” video from 2005 recorded Trump boasting about sexually assaulting women, saying: “When you’re a star, they let you do it.”
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Miguel Diaz-Canel: Everything that we have achieved must be consolidated
- Imperialism and Revolution /Program 5
- RHC's segment on literature 'From the Bookshelf'
- RHC's Arts Roundup September 19
- Indignation grows over Ayotzinapa disappearances
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3988
- today: 3997
- online: 115
- total: 6384016