Tegucigalpa, November 30 (RHC-teleSUR)-- Honduran national police and military forces fired tear gas at opposition supporters gathered in front of the Supreme Electoral Tribunal in Tegucigalpa early this morning, according to teleSUR.
News reports say that several people had to be taken to the hospital for treatment and tear gas fumes spread into the electoral offices forcing the staff to evacuate for a short time.
Supporters of Opposition Alliance presidential candidate Salvador Nasralla remain on the rainy capital streets this morning, blocking off avenues, saying they will continue to protest along the “main streets” of Tegucigalpa, reported La Prensa.
Salvador Nasralla maintains the TSE is manipulating the presidential vote count, now in its fifth day, to favor the candidate’s main opponent, incumbent President Juan Orlando Hernandez of the right-wing National Party.
- Cuban president reviews key investments in the Mariel Special Development Zone
- Washington's infamous record of twisting the truth to achieve its aims
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Trumpt will face his own demons this coming February
- Cuban president: 'we cannot underestimate our historical adversaries'
- Celia Sánchez, a fearless revolutionary
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3171
- today: 2762
- online: 135
- total: 5537315