Washington, December 5 (RHC)-- The Palestine Liberation Organization's top representative in the U.S. says the formal recognition of Jerusalem al-Quds as the Israeli capital will be the "kiss of death" to so-called peace efforts.
Husam Zomlot said that such a move would have "catastrophic consequences," and that the PLO's response would be "strategic and political." Zomlot further noted that the measure would undermine Washington's stated efforts to play the "role of the mediator" and makes the U.S. "part of the problem not part of the solution."
In other news, despite its growing proximity to the Israeli regime, Saudi Arabia also reacted to the news, saying that "any announcement" on the status of Jerusalem al-Quds would raise tensions even further.
"Any U.S. announcement on the status of Jerusalem prior to a final settlement would have a detrimental impact on the peace process and would heighten tensions in the region," said Saudi ambassador Prince Khalid bin Salman. He further claimed that "the kingdom's policy has been and remains in support of the Palestinian people, and this has been communicated to the U.S. administration."
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel meets with British business people in London
- Eusebio Leal: "We cannot reach the future, but from the past"
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Argentina – The social panorama worsens!
- Cuban and Vietnamese presidents meet in Hanoi
- U.S. business people advocate increased trade with Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3523
- today: 3345
- online: 116
- total: 5330139