Baghdad, December 13 (RHC)-- In Iraq, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi proclaimed victory in the fight against ISIS during a military parade in Baghdad’s heavily fortified Green Zone. The claim came as Iraqi forces said they had secured the last rural areas held by ISIS.
The three-year battle to recapture territory held by ISIS left most of the city of Mosul in ruins, and the journalistic monitoring group Airwars says nearly 6,000 civilians have been killed in Iraq and Syria by the U.S.-led coalition fighting ISIS.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 2728
- online: 186
- total: 7384171