Haitian Community Protests (Photo: International Action Center)
New York, December 27 (RHC)-- The New York Times reports that U.S. President Trump made derogatory and false claims about a number of different immigrant groups during an Oval Office meeting in June.
Trump reportedly fumed about Haitians who had received U.S. visas, falsely claiming “they all have AIDs.” He also complained about Nigerians who had received visas, saying that after they came to the U.S, they would never “go back to their huts” in Africa. Trump also called Afghanistan a “terrorist haven.”
According to The New York Times article, the White House has denied Trump made the derogatory statements.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 4405
- online: 173
- total: 6622502