Ramallah, January 12 (RHC)-- The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement has called for the boycott of U.S. projects in the occupied Palestinian territories in retaliation for US President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
In reaction to Trump's December announcement, the BDS has called for a boycott of "activities organized or sponsored by US institutions, in Jerusalem and abroad." Managers of U.S.-funded programs in Palestinian territories say the announcement has been followed by protests and refusals to meet with their project managers.
Activists have also urged groups working with the American programs to remove U.S.-linked branding -- including the U.S. flag -- from their promotional materials. Palestinians have also rejected U.S. assistance in various areas. Some law schools, for example, have pulled out of an international event for which the U.S. consulate had planned to buy plane tickets.
Omar Barghouti, a co-founder of the BDS movement, told The Guardian that most Palestinians were upset with Trump's decision and saw Washington as an accomplice to Israel's crimes.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 1756
- online: 154
- total: 5261284