Geneva, January 20 (RHC)-- The United Nations says at least 5,000 children in Yemen have been killed or maimed since March 2015, when the U.S.-backed, Saudi-led coalition intervened in the ongoing conflict, launching a massive bombing campaign and imposing a blockade that has created a widespread shortage of food, water and medicine in Yemen.
The UNICEF report says another 400,000 children in Yemen are severely malnourished. The United States has supported Saudi Arabia in the ongoing war in Yemen by selling the Saudis billions of dollars’ worth of weapons and providing logistical military support, including critical mid-air refueling to Saudi coalition warplanes.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3645
- today: 1968
- online: 129
- total: 6042800