San Juan, January 24 (RHC)-- Puerto Rico’s governor says he’s moving to privatize the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority, known as PREPA. The electrical authority faced widespread criticism after Hurricane Maria destroyed the island’s power grid, and PREPA’s then-director signed a $300 million contract with a tiny Montana company linked to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke.
Many activists have warned politicians would use Hurricane Maria to privatize the power authority, which is now the largest public power utility in the United States.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 641
- online: 117
- total: 6034712