Kabul, February 24 (RHC)-- In Afghanistan, Taliban gunmen attacked an Afghan army base on Sunday, killing 21 soldiers in the worst single assault on Afghan forces since 2010.
The attack comes as U.S. President Barack Obama considers how many U.S. troops to keep in Afghanistan beyond this year. The Washington Post reports numbers could range from 10,000 to 3,000 to zero.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has so far refused to sign a deal to maintain U.S. troops beyond 2014.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3346
- today: 2286
- online: 140
- total: 5553402