UK Pressured Sweden Not to Drop Assange’s Extradition Proceedings. Photo: BBC
London, Feb 13 (RHC)-- Sweden attempted to drop extradition proceedings against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange five years ago but were pressured to reverse course by British prosecutors. Sweden eventually dropped its investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Assange last year.
The news comes just days after a British judge upheld the British arrest warrant for Assange, who has been under protection in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London since 2012.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 163
- online: 107
- total: 5861936