UK Pressured Sweden Not to Drop Assange’s Extradition Proceedings. Photo: BBC
London, Feb 13 (RHC)-- Sweden attempted to drop extradition proceedings against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange five years ago but were pressured to reverse course by British prosecutors. Sweden eventually dropped its investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Assange last year.
The news comes just days after a British judge upheld the British arrest warrant for Assange, who has been under protection in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London since 2012.
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- Ultra-right, very active in Spain's elections
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3522
- today: 1514
- online: 109
- total: 5658527