UK Pressured Sweden Not to Drop Assange’s Extradition Proceedings. Photo: BBC
London, Feb 13 (RHC)-- Sweden attempted to drop extradition proceedings against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange five years ago but were pressured to reverse course by British prosecutors. Sweden eventually dropped its investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Assange last year.
The news comes just days after a British judge upheld the British arrest warrant for Assange, who has been under protection in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London since 2012.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 3723
- online: 99
- total: 6064801