UK Pressured Sweden Not to Drop Assange’s Extradition Proceedings. Photo: BBC
London, Feb 13 (RHC)-- Sweden attempted to drop extradition proceedings against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange five years ago but were pressured to reverse course by British prosecutors. Sweden eventually dropped its investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Assange last year.
The news comes just days after a British judge upheld the British arrest warrant for Assange, who has been under protection in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London since 2012.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 4756
- online: 98
- total: 6655821