UK Pressured Sweden Not to Drop Assange’s Extradition Proceedings. Photo: BBC
London, Feb 13 (RHC)-- Sweden attempted to drop extradition proceedings against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange five years ago but were pressured to reverse course by British prosecutors. Sweden eventually dropped its investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct by Assange last year.
The news comes just days after a British judge upheld the British arrest warrant for Assange, who has been under protection in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London since 2012.
- Victor Gaute: Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9620
- today: 6878
- online: 369
- total: 7099591