U.S. Justice Department’s Third-Highest-Ranking Official, Rachel Brand. Photo: Democracy Now
Washington, Feb 13 (RHC)-- The U.S. Justice Department’s third-highest-ranking official, Rachel Brand, has announced she plans to step down. Her resignation comes as President Trump has repeatedly attacked the Justice Department over the ongoing investigation into Trump and whether his presidential campaign colluded with Russia.
Rachel Brand is next in line in succession after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Brand is leaving to take the top legal position at Walmart.
Before she left the Justice Department, she revoked hundreds of so-called guidance documents on issues including health care, the environment, civil rights and labor. The revocation of the Justice Department documents will make it significantly harder for companies to be sued on a wide range of issues.
- Cuba submits human rights report to UPR mechanism in Geneva
- Cuban Foreign Minister meets UNESCO's Director General in Paris
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Gina Haspel, the torturer who promises to become a dove
- In Geneva, Cuba rejects manipulation of human rights issue
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4265
- today: 892
- online: 79
- total: 4713253