U.S. Justice Department’s Third-Highest-Ranking Official, Rachel Brand. Photo: Democracy Now
Washington, Feb 13 (RHC)-- The U.S. Justice Department’s third-highest-ranking official, Rachel Brand, has announced she plans to step down. Her resignation comes as President Trump has repeatedly attacked the Justice Department over the ongoing investigation into Trump and whether his presidential campaign colluded with Russia.
Rachel Brand is next in line in succession after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Brand is leaving to take the top legal position at Walmart.
Before she left the Justice Department, she revoked hundreds of so-called guidance documents on issues including health care, the environment, civil rights and labor. The revocation of the Justice Department documents will make it significantly harder for companies to be sued on a wide range of issues.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3226
- today: 1472
- online: 139
- total: 5257248