Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Photo: Reuters
Moscow, Feb 14 (RHC)-- Russian President Vladimir Putin welcomed Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to the Kremlin for talks that could reshape diplomatic efforts to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Speaking to reporters, Abbas said he could no longer accept the United States as a mediator, after the Donald Trump administration declared it would recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and began moving the U.S. Embassy there from Tel Aviv.
President Mahmoud Abbas said: “In such an atmosphere, which was created by U.S. actions, we state that from now on we refuse to cooperate in any form with the U.S. in its status of a mediator, as we stand against its actions.”
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 6, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 06, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5174
- today: 4884
- online: 203
- total: 8275715