ICE agents arrest an undocumented immigrant. Photo: AP
Washington, Feb 16 (RHC)-- U.S. President Trump’s anti-immigrant policies led to a 30 percent jump in the number of arrests carried out by ICE last year, according to a new review of ICE data by the Pew Research Center.
Even so, 2017 saw far fewer immigration arrests than many of the years that President Obama was in office—including 2009, when ICE arrested nearly 300,000 people, more than double last year’s total.
Obama was often called "The Deporter in Chief" for his deportation policies.
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Puerto Rico is going through one of the most difficult crisis it has faced in its history
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2832
- today: 2004
- online: 121
- total: 5849421