Donald Trump, Jr. arrives in India. Photo: Reuters
New Delhi, Feb 22 (RHC)-- Donald Trump Jr., the eldest son of U.S. President Donald Trump, has arrived in India for a whirlwind tour aimed at selling more than $1 billion worth of luxury apartments being built by the Trump Organization in partnership with Indian developers.
Trump Jr. is also slated to speak at a Global Business Summit, where he and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi are billed as keynote speakers. Critics say the trip represents the array of the Trump family’s conflicts of interest. The Trump Organization has at least four real estate projects underway in India.
Former State Department official Daniel Markey, who served under President George W. Bush, said: “The idea that the president’s son would be going and shilling the president’s brand at the same time Donald Trump is president and is managing strategic and foreign relations with India -- that is just bizarre.”
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 593
- online: 168
- total: 7382036