Women march on International Women's Day. Photo: Democracy Now
Madrid, March 8 (RHC)-- Women across the world are taking to the streets on Thursday, March 8th, International Women’s Day.
In Spain, women are staging their first 24-hour nationwide strike. Their motto: “If we stop, the world stops.”
The historic women’s strike in Spain comes as women across the world --from Afghanistan to the Philippines to Mexico -- are marking International Women’s Day and demanding equality, justice and an end to patriarchy and violence against women
Other protest actions are taking place in cities around the world, including New York City, where activists are calling for women to launch a 1-hour work stoppage, from 4 to 5 p.m., and then gather for a rally at Washington Square Park.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3645
- today: 2324
- online: 121
- total: 6043156