Women march on International Women's Day. Photo: Democracy Now
Madrid, March 8 (RHC)-- Women across the world are taking to the streets on Thursday, March 8th, International Women’s Day.
In Spain, women are staging their first 24-hour nationwide strike. Their motto: “If we stop, the world stops.”
The historic women’s strike in Spain comes as women across the world --from Afghanistan to the Philippines to Mexico -- are marking International Women’s Day and demanding equality, justice and an end to patriarchy and violence against women
Other protest actions are taking place in cities around the world, including New York City, where activists are calling for women to launch a 1-hour work stoppage, from 4 to 5 p.m., and then gather for a rally at Washington Square Park.
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3988
- today: 161
- online: 139
- total: 6380180