Aden, March 13 (RHC) -- Islamic State (IS) in Yemen on Tuesday claimed responsibility for the suicide attack on a security center and a military kitchen in Yemen's southern port city of Aden.
In the deadly attack in the neighborhood of Mansourah, six soldiers were killed and more than 30 others injured while they were gathering to receive their lunch meals, according to local sources.
Islamic State media arm A'maq published a statement on Twitter claiming responsibility for the attack.
The statement did not mention further details about the purpose of the attack or identities of those who conducted the incident.
The southern port city of Aden is considered as Yemen's temporary capital and the Saudi-backed Yemeni government based itself there since 2015.
During the past two years, the al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and other terrorist groups including the Islamic State had an active presence in Yemen's southern part.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 2968
- online: 108
- total: 4845105