Havana, March 22 (RHC)-- March 22 is World Water Day. The United Nations observance reminds that here are over 663 million people worldwide living without a safe water supply close to home.
They spend countless hours queuing or trekking to distant sources, and coping with the health impacts of using contaminated water.
World Water Day is about focusing attention on the importance of water. The theme for 2018 is ‘Nature for Water’ – exploring nature-based solutions to the water challenges the world faces in the 21st century.
Damaged ecosystems affect the quantity and quality of water available for human consumption.
Today, 2.1 billion people live without safe drinking water at home; affecting their health, education and livelihoods.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3645
- today: 3715
- online: 118
- total: 6044547