Trump backs off plan to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria as Army general says “hard part” is still ahead
Washington, April 6 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump has backed off his plan to soon withdraw U.S. troops from Syria. At the White House, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the administration would not put what she called "an arbitrary timeline” on withdrawal.
Earlier this week, Army General Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, said: "The hard part, I think, is in front of us.”
Meanwhile, the Associated Press reports U.S. forces have been spotted setting up front-line positions outside the strategic northern town of Manbij, where U.S.-backed, Kurdish-led forces are facing off against Turkish-backed Syrian fighters.
- Jazz Place
- RHC's national and international news
- UNESCO's Director-General launches COVID-19 Global Education Coalition
- Covid-19: US unpreparedness is rooted in historic ideological tendencies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8202
- today: 7654
- online: 216
- total: 7643601