Palestinian protesters resist Israeli occupation. Photo: Reuters
Geneva, April 9 (RHC)-- A United Nations report affirms that Israel has an obligation to compensate Palestine for the economic costs of five decades of occupation. The UN report says that Tel Aviv must open an investigation into recent repression in the Gaza Strip, which killed at least 17 Palestinians and left thousands injured.
Meanwhile, Israel rejected the investigation requested by the UN and later by the European Union. “They did what they had to do. I think all our troops deserve recognition, and there will be no investigation,” stated Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman.
The armed Israeli repression against peaceful Palestinian demonstrators sparked international condemnation of “the excessive use of force.”
- RHC's national and international news
- UNESCO's Director-General launches COVID-19 Global Education Coalition
- Covid-19: US unpreparedness is rooted in historic ideological tendencies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's national and international news March 26
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 7035
- today: 1984
- online: 133
- total: 7601966