Palestinian protesters resist Israeli occupation. Photo: Reuters
Geneva, April 9 (RHC)-- A United Nations report affirms that Israel has an obligation to compensate Palestine for the economic costs of five decades of occupation. The UN report says that Tel Aviv must open an investigation into recent repression in the Gaza Strip, which killed at least 17 Palestinians and left thousands injured.
Meanwhile, Israel rejected the investigation requested by the UN and later by the European Union. “They did what they had to do. I think all our troops deserve recognition, and there will be no investigation,” stated Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman.
The armed Israeli repression against peaceful Palestinian demonstrators sparked international condemnation of “the excessive use of force.”
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 1667
- online: 136
- total: 6619764