Trump attorney Michael Cohen. File Photo
New York, April 17 (RHC)-- In the United States, the deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee, Elliott Broidy, has resigned over revelations he paid $1.6 million to a former Playboy model to keep quiet about their affair, which resulted in her having an abortion. Broidy is a venture capitalist who has been a longtime fundraiser for the Republican Party, which has pushed a slew of anti-choice laws nationwide.
The hush money deal was brokered by Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer. Cohen has separately admitted to paying $130,000 to adult film star Stephanie Clifford, also known as Stormy Daniels, to keep her quiet about her affair with Donald Trump, before he became president.
Cohen’s home, office and hotel room were all raided by the FBI a week ago. He has now filed a restraining order to try to prevent prosecutors from reviewing the documents seized in the raids. New details have also surfaced showing Cohen was under digital surveillance for months.
Meanwhile, McClatchy is reporting special counsel Robert Mueller has evidence Cohen visited Prague during the summer of 2016, casting doubt on Cohen’s claims he did not visit Prague at this time. An intelligence dossier prepared by former British spy Christopher Steele first described Cohen’s trip to Prague and says he met with a prominent Russian during the visit.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2318
- today: 2212
- online: 108
- total: 5868933