Trump attorney Michael Cohen. File Photo
New York, April 17 (RHC)-- In the United States, the deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee, Elliott Broidy, has resigned over revelations he paid $1.6 million to a former Playboy model to keep quiet about their affair, which resulted in her having an abortion. Broidy is a venture capitalist who has been a longtime fundraiser for the Republican Party, which has pushed a slew of anti-choice laws nationwide.
The hush money deal was brokered by Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer. Cohen has separately admitted to paying $130,000 to adult film star Stephanie Clifford, also known as Stormy Daniels, to keep her quiet about her affair with Donald Trump, before he became president.
Cohen’s home, office and hotel room were all raided by the FBI a week ago. He has now filed a restraining order to try to prevent prosecutors from reviewing the documents seized in the raids. New details have also surfaced showing Cohen was under digital surveillance for months.
Meanwhile, McClatchy is reporting special counsel Robert Mueller has evidence Cohen visited Prague during the summer of 2016, casting doubt on Cohen’s claims he did not visit Prague at this time. An intelligence dossier prepared by former British spy Christopher Steele first described Cohen’s trip to Prague and says he met with a prominent Russian during the visit.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3174
- today: 1341
- online: 95
- total: 5045679