Washington plans to deport Vietnamese immigrants. Photo: Japan Times
Washington, April 18 (RHC)-- The former U.S. ambassador to Vietnam told Reuters that the Trump administration is seeking to deport thousands of Vietnamese immigrants, despite a bilateral agreement that should protect most of them.
Ambassador Ted Osius says many of the immigrants being targeted were supporters of the U.S.-backed former government of South Vietnam, making them likely targets for persecution if they’re deported. Osius says a small number of deportations have already happened, and that Trump’s policy contributed to his decision to resign as U.S. ambassador to Vietnam last October.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 2396
- online: 128
- total: 6143547