Washington plans to deport Vietnamese immigrants. Photo: Japan Times
Washington, April 18 (RHC)-- The former U.S. ambassador to Vietnam told Reuters that the Trump administration is seeking to deport thousands of Vietnamese immigrants, despite a bilateral agreement that should protect most of them.
Ambassador Ted Osius says many of the immigrants being targeted were supporters of the U.S.-backed former government of South Vietnam, making them likely targets for persecution if they’re deported. Osius says a small number of deportations have already happened, and that Trump’s policy contributed to his decision to resign as U.S. ambassador to Vietnam last October.
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's segment 'The Jazz Place'
- RHC's national and international news stories
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 5157
- online: 241
- total: 7325709