Trump lawyer Michael Cohen. Photo: AP
New York, April 18 (RHC)-- In New York City, a U.S. federal judge has rejected President Donald Trump’s efforts to have first access to the documents seized by the FBI from the home, office and hotel room of his longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen, who is being investigated for possible bank and wire fraud.
During the hearing, Cohen’s lawyers also revealed that Fox News host and Trump supporter Sean Hannity had been a secret client of Cohen. Cohen has only had three clients in recent years: Trump, Hannity and longtime Republican donor Elliott Broidy, who recently resigned as deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee over revelations he paid $1.6 million to a former Playboy model to keep quiet about their affair, which resulted in her having an abortion.
Adult film star Stephanie Clifford, also known as Stormy Daniels, also showed up to the high-profile court hearing. She denounced Cohen, who paid her $130,000 in hush money only days before the 2016 election to try to keep her quiet about her alleged affair with Donald Trump.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2471
- today: 2075
- online: 134
- total: 5939369