NASA head Jim Brindenstine. Photo: File
Washington, April 24 (RHC)-- In the United States, a climate change denier with no scientific credentials is set to take the helm of NASA, after he was narrowly confirmed by the U.S. Senate in a 50-49 vote.
Oklahoma Republican Congressmember Jim Bridenstine previously demanded President Obama apologize for funding climate change research, and said falsely from the House floor that global temperatures stopped rising early this century.
Bridenstine will now oversee an agency whose Earth Sciences Division is responsible for much of the satellite data used to investigate how human activity is driving global warming.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 16
- The Cuban government announces plan to capture foreign currencies and stimulate national industrial production
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Roy Brown: Puerto Rico is neither free nor a US State
- Cuban and foreign experts debate new trends and achievements in physical medicine and rehab
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 18
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3987
- today: 3835
- online: 157
- total: 6490183