Arctic National Wildlife Refuge open for business. Photo: AP
Washington, May 8 (RHC)-- The Donald Trump administration has moved to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for oil and gas drilling. The Interior Department’s Bureau of Land Management issued a notice of intent to begin an environmental impact analysis about the effects of oil exploration and drilling in the refuge, which is rich in biodiversity and has been home to indigenous people for thousands of years.
The Trump administration reportedly wants to begin issuing leases for oil drilling in the pristine Arctic area as early as next year.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 2666
- online: 126
- total: 5956272