Arctic National Wildlife Refuge open for business. Photo: AP
Washington, May 8 (RHC)-- The Donald Trump administration has moved to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for oil and gas drilling. The Interior Department’s Bureau of Land Management issued a notice of intent to begin an environmental impact analysis about the effects of oil exploration and drilling in the refuge, which is rich in biodiversity and has been home to indigenous people for thousands of years.
The Trump administration reportedly wants to begin issuing leases for oil drilling in the pristine Arctic area as early as next year.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 21
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 20
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 20
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3739
- today: 731
- online: 95
- total: 6272684