Terrorists attack village in central Nigeria. Photo: Democracy Now
Abuya, May 8 (RHC)-- In Nigeria, at least 45 people have been killed and a dozen more wounded on an attack on a village in the northwestern state of Kaduna.
Officials have described the gunmen as bandits. The assault is the latest in a wave of violence in central and northern Nigeria, which has killed more than 1,500 people so far this year.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian military says it has rescued more than 1,000 people held captive by the militant group Boko Haram in Nigeria’s northern Borno State. Most of the rescued hostages were women and girls.
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 20
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 19
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 19
- RHC's national and international news stories August 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3443
- today: 2564
- online: 139
- total: 6267137