Police surround three Black women in California. Photo: Twitter
San Francisco, May 10 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of California, the granddaughter of Bob Marley is vowing to sue the Rialto Police Department, after she and two other friends were surrounded by a swarm of police cars and a police helicopter as they were checking out of an Airbnb rental.
The three women are Black and police were dispatched after a white neighbor saw the three women carrying suitcases out of the rental home, and called the police to report a possible burglary.
It's the latest in a series of high-profile incidents of racial profiling and racial discrimination, including two Black men being arrested at a Philadelphia Starbucks for being inside the coffee shop while they were waiting for a third man to arrive for a business meeting.
- Victor Gaute-Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10188
- today: 6729
- online: 185
- total: 7079713