Immigrant children, arrested in U.S., could be held on military bases. Photo: Democracy Now
Washington, May 21 (RHC)-- In the United States, the Donald Trump administration is considering plans to hold immigrant children on military bases after they are apprehended crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.
According to reports from Washington, the Pentagon says staffers are looking at three potential military sites in Texas and one in Arkansas. The proposal is the latest signal the White House plans to separate immigrant parents from their children if they are apprehended crossing the border without authorization.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3743
- today: 803
- online: 119
- total: 6065624