San Salvador, Oct 10 (RHC) El Salvador’s Supreme Electoral Council announced that 4 million 995 thousand 107 voters have been registered to participate at February 2 presidential elections.
Electoral Supreme Council president Eugenio Chicas told repoters that the same figure was registered last October 4th, following the revision of the voters’ lists, and he added that the 52.70 percent of the eligible voters are women.
A majority of more than one million 347 thousand voters, standing for 27. 19 percent of the total, was registered in the San Salvador Department, which includes the city capital, said the official.
Meanwhile, over 328 thousand youths will vote for the first time after they reached the established age of 18 years to exercise that constitutional right, he said.
A total of 10 thousand 338 Salvadorians will vote in other countries where they are currently living.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 82
- online: 82
- total: 4935988