U.S. Supreme Court nominee to be announced next week. Photo: File
Washington, July 5 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump says he’ll announce his Supreme Court nominee on July 9th and that he’s considering two women as possible replacements for retiring Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy.
According to reports from Washington, both Republican and Democratic opposition is mounting to President Trump’s potential nominee. Maine Republican Senator Susan Collins and South Carolina Republican Senator Lindsey Graham both say they’ll oppose any nominee who is openly hostile to Roe v. Wade.
Meanwhile, Democrats are demanding confirmation hearings for Kennedy’s replacement be delayed until after the midterm elections.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4450
- today: 1570
- online: 170
- total: 6511540