Protesters prepare for U.S. President Donald Trump's visit to Britain. Photo: Reuters
London, July 12 (RHC)-- In the UK, anti-Trump demonstrators are gearing up for a huge welcome for the U.S. president. Trump has arrived in Britain for a four-day visit, during which he will meet UK Prime Minister Theresa May and Queen Elizabeth, but will avoid the capital where massive protests are planned against his policies.
Trump’s plane landed Thursday afternoon at Stansted airport, in Essex, arriving from Brussels, where he had spent two days at the NATO summit.
The main London protests began Thursday and will continue throughout the weekend until Trump leaves for Helsinki.
The U.S. president has made special efforts to avoid the protests, including an unprecedented presidential boycott of central London. But protests have been planned to follow his movements across the UK, stalking his every move.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 2169
- online: 137
- total: 6143320