Protesters prepare for U.S. President Donald Trump's visit to Britain. Photo: Reuters
London, July 12 (RHC)-- In the UK, anti-Trump demonstrators are gearing up for a huge welcome for the U.S. president. Trump has arrived in Britain for a four-day visit, during which he will meet UK Prime Minister Theresa May and Queen Elizabeth, but will avoid the capital where massive protests are planned against his policies.
Trump’s plane landed Thursday afternoon at Stansted airport, in Essex, arriving from Brussels, where he had spent two days at the NATO summit.
The main London protests began Thursday and will continue throughout the weekend until Trump leaves for Helsinki.
The U.S. president has made special efforts to avoid the protests, including an unprecedented presidential boycott of central London. But protests have been planned to follow his movements across the UK, stalking his every move.
- Fidel Castro’s concept of Revolution and Cuba's New Constitution
- Donald Trump renews national maritime emergency regarding Cuba
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Eight years of hell in Libya
- Cuba calls on the international community to prevent a military intervention against Venezuela
- President Díaz-Canel says Cubans respond to Trump with peace and supporting their new Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3697
- today: 3459
- online: 137
- total: 5664169