Protesters prepare for U.S. President Donald Trump's visit to Britain. Photo: Reuters
London, July 12 (RHC)-- In the UK, anti-Trump demonstrators are gearing up for a huge welcome for the U.S. president. Trump has arrived in Britain for a four-day visit, during which he will meet UK Prime Minister Theresa May and Queen Elizabeth, but will avoid the capital where massive protests are planned against his policies.
Trump’s plane landed Thursday afternoon at Stansted airport, in Essex, arriving from Brussels, where he had spent two days at the NATO summit.
The main London protests began Thursday and will continue throughout the weekend until Trump leaves for Helsinki.
The U.S. president has made special efforts to avoid the protests, including an unprecedented presidential boycott of central London. But protests have been planned to follow his movements across the UK, stalking his every move.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 1774
- online: 177
- total: 6652839