Dilma, Hoffmann and Lula.
Brasilia, July 13 (RHC) The national president of Brazil´s Workers´ Party (PT), Senator Gleisi Hoffmann, will participate, along with former President Dilma Rousseff, at the 24th annual meeting of the São Paulo Forum, scheduled to start in Havana on Sunday.
According to Hoffmann, the Forum will provide a platform to denounce the persecution that former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has been suffering in Brazil.
'I'm going now to the São Paulo Forum to make a complaint, too. Dilma is also going. We have decided to go to denouce what is happening, ' Hoffmann said in an interview to Valor website.
Created in 1990, the São Paulo Forum is a conference that brings together more than 100 left and center-left leaning parties and organizations from Latin America and the Caribbean.
The 'Free Lula' agenda is highlighted among the topics that will be discussed in this year's meeting of the Forum.
Learn more about the meeting here.
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3988
- today: 2048
- online: 179
- total: 6382067